Traffic Engineering

Traffic Permits


This permit does not allow outside amplified music and or speech.  Such permit must be obtained thru the Seminole County Planning Department.  This permit does not exempt the applicant from Seminole County Ordinances and existing Laws.

Permit Fee:  $30.00 check payable to Seminole County BCC

Permit Procedures

1. Permit/Hold Harmless Agreement Application must be submitted prior to the special event. We request at least 3 weeks to process application.  Please call 407-665-5677 to have Special Event Permit mailed.

2. Section I, and II must be completed by the applicant. Signature must be by an authorized person for the association or corporation for the event. If an individual citizen request permit, then signature by requester.

3. Proof of insurance is required.  Request a Certificate of Insurance from your insurance agent with the certificate holder being:  Seminole County, 1101 E. 1st Street, Sanford, FL 32771 but please send to Traffic Engineering, 140 Bush Loop, Sanford, FL 32773.  Also naming Seminole County its officers, officials and employees as additional insured.

4. Map of roadway being used or closed for the event.  If the event is within a neighborhood then signatures and address of consent from each neighbor is required.

5. If the applicant is requesting the insurance to be waived, then Traffic Engineering will review the area and complete Section III of the permit (which may require more than 3 weeks for processing).

6. Cones and barricades maybe borrowed from Traffic Engineering.  They may be picked up the day before event and returned the next business day.  There will be an equipment borrowed form to be signed.

Please submit application permit, map of roadway, certificate of insurance and check to:
            Seminole County Traffic Engineering
            140 Bush Loop
            Sanford, FL 32773

Any questions, please feel free to call 407-665-5677 to speak with one of the customer service representative.


Permit Fee (non-refundable): $50.00 (payable to Seminole County BCC)

PDFHouse/Oversize Structure Move Permit Application 

1. House move permit must be filed with the Traffic Engineer prior to any move.

File permit at:
Traffic Engineering
140 Bush Loop
Sanford, FL 32773
Phone: (407) 665-5677

2. Require a permit application with all appropriate height and weight information and the map of route involved.

3. Move must take place between 11:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. unless otherwise specified in writing by the Traffic Engineer.

4. Contractor shall acquire the service of adequate number of law enforcement officers for traffic control and safety.

5. If trees are to be trimmed within the public right-of-way, a right-of-way utilization permit must be obtained either from the City or County Engineer in addition to the permit for the move.

6. If removal or displacement of traffic signals or signs is necessary, in addition to the non-refundable permit fee, an hourly crew charge will be assessed to the applicant to be payable to the Seminole County BCC.