WATERSHED MANAGEMENT DIVISION
RECREATIONAL USERS OF LAKE JESUP:
A Nutrient Reduction Study is underway in Lake Jesup. The experiment will help identify possible treatments for reducing algal blooms.
*** Please do not approach the orange buoys and yellow chambers in the southwest portion of the lake. ***
The Watershed Management Division is responsible for watershed monitoring, assessment and mosquito control throughout Seminole County. The Division's Mission is to:
- Protect, Conserve and Restore Seminole County's water resources.
- Provide and participate in public education to maintain and improve water quality in Seminole County.
- Implement the Federal and State laws, regulations and policies governing surface water quality in a timely, efficient and fair manner.
- Provide leadership and guidance in watershed management through sound science and a collaborative, comprehensive process.
- Provide environmentally safe, effective and economically responsible mosquito control for residents in Seminole County.
Watershed Management Links