Urban Horticulture - Help Desk
A UF/IFAS trained Master Gardener Volunteer is on duty most weekdays to answer your gardening or landscape questions. We can identify the mystery plant, bug, weed or disease in your garden.
Help Desk hours are: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to Noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Phone: 407-665-5550, Email: email@example.com
- Bring in a branch with leaves and flowers (if possible) for plant identification or diagnosis of the problem. Plants are more readily identified by their flowers, leaves or berries.
- Use a plastic bag to maintain the moisture of the tissues. Do not add water or a wet paper towel.
- Bring the sample the day you collect it or keep it refrigerated until you can bring it.
- Collect more than one specimen if possible.
- Bring the insect in a plastic or glass container, they can be dead or alive.
- Insects may be killed and preserved in alcohol. Very small insects may be collected with a gummed tape.
- Dig a square foot 2-3 inch deep block in your lawn showing normal and affected grass.
- Use a plastic or paper bar, shoe box, or any suitable container to bring the sample to our office.
- The fresher the material is, the easier it is to diagnose the problem. Do not bring dead grass.
A hard copy of the factsheets related to the plant, pest or problem can be obtained at our office, or e-mailed to you upon request.
Solutions For Your Life!