Solid Waste - Household Garbage Yard Waste And Recycling

Exemptions From Collection

There are four exemptions available that will grant exemption or waiver from the collection portion of the Solid Waste Collection & Disposal MSBU:


1. Low income exemption for property owners at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.

2. Limited access exemption requires (a) determination that the access by collection vehicles or pick-up accessibility is unreasonable; with such being demonstrated by the property owner; and (b) County's franchised collection contractor concurrence that collection cannot be reasonably accomplished.

3. Commercial and residential combined use property. Place of residence and business are located on the same parcel. Property owner must have a current Seminole County Occupational License and subscribe to a commercial garbage service.

4. Agricultural zoned property of two and one half (2.5) acres or more.


Residential property owners in unincorporated Seminole County may file for an exemption prior to April 15. If the requested exemption is granted the exemption will be effective with the next calendar year's service. Property owners who file for an exemption under Low Income or Commercial and Residential Combined Use Property are required to renew their application annually and are notified by mail regarding renewal deadlines.


An assessment for the management of residential solid waste is levied on all residential property in unincorporated Seminole County on a per dwelling basis. The assessment levied on properties granted exemption from collection services will be limited to the base assessment which excludes collection cost. Owners of property with collection exemption are required to dispose residential solid waste according to county disposal standards. The location of County disposal facilities are listed below.


1950 SR 419
Longwood, FL 32750

1930 Osceola Road
Geneva, FL 32732


Please call the MSBU Program for an application: 407-665-7178

* Solid Waste Customer Service: (407) 665-2260
* Environmental Complaints: (407) 665-2261
* Report Illegal Dumping: (407) 665-6650
* MSBU Assessment Questions: (407) 665-7178

How Can We Serve You?

Contact Us