Ray Hooper, C.P.C.M.
Purchasing and Contracts Manager
Areas of Responsibility:
- By code, serves as the principle public procurement official for the County and responsible for the Purchasing and Contracts Division (PCD) operations.
- Develops, recommends, and implements operating policies, procedures, and programs to affect the efficient and effective operation of PCD
- Ensures that all procurement are in accordance with Florida Statues, the County Purchasing Code, and County Manager's procedures
- Organizes and administers Division operation to include: the procurement of all supplies, service, equipment, materials, construction, professional services, and tangible property control/disposal
- Executes and approves contracts on behalf of the Board of County Commissioners in accordance with express delegated authority
- Plans and recommends short and long range goals for Purchasing and Contracts Division
- Prepares and presents Division's annual budget and related financial reports
- Assures continued adherence to the parameters of adopted budgets
- Initiates and effectively recommends, for final approval by the department director, hiring, performance evaluation, disciplinary, and/or commendatory actions of assigned personnel
- Researches a wide range of Purchasing and Contract issues and provides narrative performance measurements and statistical reports, including recommendations for consideration by the appropriate level of authority