- Meeting Room Policy
Meeting Room Policy
Facilities & Grounds - Policies
Meeting Room Policy
DEPARTMENT POLICY: The library has meeting rooms that are available for public use with stipulations.
DEPARTMENT BUSINESS RULES: This policy will be adhered to at all times.
LIBRARY SERVICES MEETING ROOM POLICY
Seminole County Administrative Code – 29.10
- The Seminole County Library System offers meeting rooms at all five of its locations. In order to reserve meeting room space, the applicant
must be a Seminole County Library cardholder, or possess a non-resident fee card, with a zero ($0.00) balance on their library account. Patrons
with reciprocal borrowing library cards cannot use the meeting rooms.
- Only non-profit organizations chartered in Seminole County or operating in Seminole County are authorized to use the meeting rooms at no
- Organizations or individuals that operate on a for-profit basis or not operating in Seminole County must pay a fee for booking a meeting
room. The fee is $16.00 per hour for smaller rooms at the Central Branch and $32.00 per hour at the larger rooms at all branches.
- All groups booking a meeting room must complete and sign an application form. All applicants will be given a copy of the Meeting Room
Policy and a copy of the Patron Code of Conduct.
- The person whose name is on the meeting room application must be present when the meeting is being held.
- Meeting rooms may be booked up to six (6) months in advance. Up to six (6) meetings may be scheduled at one time.
- No organization or individual may conduct financial transactions on County premises or perform fee-based services, including tutoring,
except as provided below. The following groups are exempt from this provision and may solicit and collect fees, dues, donations, etc…., as
well as sell books and audiovisual materials, in the meeting room and its immediate surroundings:
· Seminole County Friends of the Library
· Organizations participating in events sponsored by SCPLS
- All items sold by the Friends of the Library and other sponsored organizations are subject to the approval of the Library Services
- The library reserves the right to immediately terminate a meeting or event in progress if it disturbs regular library operations.
- Reservations will be accepted, subject to the provisions of this policy, in the order received and upon availability of an appropriate
- Organizations or individuals that operate on a profit-making basis must pay, at the time of the reservation, for the meeting room booking
to be approved and confirmed by the library.
- Meeting room fees are refundable up to forty-eight (48) hours prior to the reservation time; after that no refunds will be made.
- All meeting rooms are “as is”. The library will not provide any type of additional equipment or furnishings. Items used or owned by the
group may not be stored in the meeting room over night.
- A limited number of chairs and tables are available but the group is required to set them up and return them to their original positions
when the meeting is over. Library staff will not provide assistance in setting up meeting rooms
- Materials may not be affixed to the walls, ceilings, doors, or windows.
- Literature may be distributed only to people attending the program inside the meeting room and to patrons who specifically request said
- Food, light snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted in the meeting rooms.
- All meeting rooms must be vacated fifteen (15) minutes prior to the library closing. Meeting room users must vacate the library by its
closing time. Refunds will not be issued to organizations that operate on a for-profit basis for meetings that end early.
- Clean up of meeting rooms is required and is the responsibility of the persons using the facility.
- Permission to use the meeting rooms does not constitute endorsement by the library or the county.
- The library’s address and phone number cannot be used on promotional materials for the purposes of contact information.
- No group shall state or suggest in any of its publicity that the library sponsors or endorses the meeting, the group, or any particular set
- The Library reserves the right to cancel a reservation with a twenty-four (24) hour notice to the applicant. Should a cancellation become
necessary the meeting room fee will be refunded, if applicable. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS THE ONLY CIRCUMSTANCE FOR WHICH A REFUND WILL
- Unreserved meeting rooms may be used for study purposes.
Resolution 2007-R-42 adopted March 13, 2007
Resolution 2004-R-154 adopted August 24, 2004
Resolution 2008-R-123 adopted May 20, 2008
Resolution 2009-R-247 adopted December 9, 2009
Meeting Room Application – LLS 37