Cone Zone provides information to Seminole County residents about current construction and road maintenance projects around the County. Roadway and lane closures are included on this list. Construction projects performed by other agencies including the Cities of Altamonte Springs, Casselberry, Lake Mary, Longwood, Oviedo, Sanford, and Winter Springs are listed as well as construction updates from Florida Department of Transportation, District 5.(http://www.dot.state.fl.us/publicinformationoffice/moreDOT/districts/dist5.shtm
For more information regarding roadway and lane closures, please contact Seminole County Roads-Stormwater Division at (407) 665-7623 (ROADS). If you have questions regarding capital improvement projects, please contact Seminole County Engineering Division at (407) 665-5674. A list of all upcoming and active transportation capital improvement projects in the County can be found at the following website: http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/pw/projects_disclaimer.aspx.
Informational videos of current or completed construction projects are available at the following link: http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/pw/eng/ConstructionUpdateVideos.aspx
Update on Red Bug Lake Rd Interchange -
*The overpass is open to commuters.
Red Bug Lake Road Interchange: Lane closures for March 5 to March 15, 2014
* Lane closures for paving operations between 10pm and 6am on:
- Westbound Red Bug Lake Road, March 5 - 6
- Southbound SR 436, March 9
- Westbound Red Bug Lake Road, March 10 - 13
*Travelers along this route should be aware of new traffic patterns and are urged to use caution through the work zone. All need to be alert for construction equipment entering and leaving the highway.
Starting Wednesday, March 5, 2014, Division Street will be permanently closed. Division Street will no longer have access to US 17/92 due to the design of the new interchange along US 17/92.
Variable message signs (VMS) will be placed on Division Street approaching US 17/92, to alert residents and business owners. All scheduled lane closures will be posted to www.cflroads.com as warranted. Be advised that weather conditions and other unforseen circumstances could affect the construction schedule.
* Please be advised Seminole County Public Works/Roads-Stormwater will be installing a new stormwater pipe on Ridge Rd between Myrtle Lake Hills Rd and Highland Dr, Longwood. Our roadway will be completely closed off starting Monday 1/27/14 ending 2/28/14 with hours of operation from 9 am to 2 pm. Detour routes are set in place.
* Thursday February 27, 2014 from 9pm to 5:30 am: Lane closures on Howell Branch Rd; eastbound outside thru lane west of Tangerine at the signal, and on the eastbound outside lane east of Tangerine. The left turn lane southbound on Dike Rd. will be closed and northbound left turn lane on Tangerine for manhole maintenance. An off duty officer will be present.
There will also be manhole maintenance on northbound Ronald Reagan Blvd. in the thru lane south of SR 434.
* Please be advised that there will be a road closures on Upsala Road between Smith Canal Road and Specialty Point. Detours will be established and signage put in place directing traffic via St. Johns Parkway to Rinehart Road to N. Henderson Lane back to Upsala Road. Construction will take place during the evening hours from 8pm till 6am beginning Wednesday, March 12, 2014 through Friday, March 14, 2014. Note: all emergency vehicles will have access.
Upsala Road Detour Map
*UPDATE* 2 Week Paving Schedule: March 3 to March 16, 2014
Seminole County Roads & Street Paving Program:
- 2nd Street - Asphalt Recycling Inc (ARI) will reconstruct the road base and Orlando Paving will pave 2nd Street following the base construction.
Paving of Emergency Maintained Roads:
- Skyway Drive - Asphalt Recycling Inc (ARI) will be working on constructing the road base.
Altamonte Springs Area:
- E Hillcrest St., from Raymond Ave. to end - ARI will be working on constructing the road base.
- Pine St., from Harris St. to Jackson St. - ARI will be working on constructing the road base.
- Michael Dr., from Delk Rd. to end - ARI will be working on constructing the road base.
* Orlando Paving will pave all the above streets following the base construction.
Roads-Stormwater Division – Bi-Weekly Roadway Repairs and Maintenance Schedule (March 2 to March 15, 2014)
Seminole County Roadway Projects:
Longwood, FL - SR 434 Six Laning - I-4 to Rangeline Rd. This project will widen urban roadway section from 4 to 6 lanes. This project will also include reconstruction of sidewalks and new bike lanes. The project length is approximately 1.7 miles. Florida Department of Transportation led project. Anticipated start date August 2012 and anticipated completion date April 2014.
Casselberry, FL – SR 436 at Red Bug Lake Rd Overpass – Construction on-going. For more information, please visit: http://www.redbuglakeinterchange.com/ Start date: 10/17/2011. Anticipated completion date: 4/11/2014.
Altamonte Springs, FL -
Hattaway Drive - This project will fill in missing gaps and reconstruct approximately 1 mile of sidewalks on both sides of Hattaway Dr (2 total miles of sidewalks). This will require that the roadway be shifted in certain spots in order to make room for the additional sidewalks. Drainage improvements will also be incorporated.
*NEW* Phase II road closure on Hattaway Drive just south of E. Altamonte Drive (SR436) will start Monday February 10, 2014, and will extend to April 16, 2014. Detours will be established and signage put in place directing southbound traffic on Hattaway Drive via Delores Drive to Genevieve Drive. Northbound traffic on Hattaway Drive will be established via Genevieve Drive to Delores Drive. Sidewalks will be maintained and kept open during this time.
Oviedo, FL -
Cross Seminole Trail Oviedo Connector - Construct crossing of SR 434and extension of approximately 0.5 miles of a 14 foot wide trail within the FDEP corridor to Oviedo Blvd and connection to the trail head. Anticipated start date: 9/9/2013 and anticipated completion date: 1/30/2014
Lake Mary, FL -
Winter Park, FL -
Eastbrook Sidewalk (Phase II) Grove Ave, Citrus Ave, and Bear Gully Rd - Sidewalk, curb ramps and dome retrofits will be installed. Anticipated start date 10/21/2013 with an anticipated completion date of 03/04/2014
Sanford, FL -
Upsala @ St John's Parkway - miscellaneous roadway drainage improvements to help alleviate flooding on St John's Parkway. Anticipated start date: 11/4/2013 and anticipated completion date: 3/3/2014
Environmental Services Projects:
Woodcrest 5 Pump Station Improvements - Construction of a new duplex pump station near the intersection of Fox Knoll Place and Howell Branch Road. A new turning lane on Howell Branch Road is also included. Anticipated start date is October 2012 and anticipated completion date August 2013.
SunRail Construction Updates: For more information regarding Sunrail construction activities, please visit http://www.sunrail.com/
Current and future projects under construction with Florida's Turnpike (including any work associated with SR-417) visit floridasturnpike.com/construction.cfm
For more information regarding Wekiva Parkway, please visit the following site: wekivaparkway.com/
City of Altamonte Springs:
West Town Parkway Extension - new road construction from Laurel Ave to Orange Ave. Construction began February 2012. Anticipate construction to be complete September 2012.
City of Casselberry:
Please visit www.casselberry.org for updates on City of Casselberry projects.
City of Lake Mary:
Please visit www.lakemaryfl.com/public-works/pages/current-public-works-projects for updates on City of Lake Mary projects.
For additional information call Public Works at 407-585-1452.
City of Longwood:
1st Place– Anticipated start date: 6/15/2012. Anticipated completion date: 9/15/2012
W. Jessup Ave – Anticipated start date: 6/1/2012. Anticipated completion date: 9/1/2012
W. Florida Ave – Anticipated start date: 6/1/2012. Anticipated completions date: 9/1/2012
Fairy Lake Outfall Replacement – project currently in design. Anticipate construction to begin fall 2012.
Well 5 Replacement–located at Church and Rangeline Rd is under construction until 6/30/2012.
Island Lake North Outfall Replacement – construction anticipated to start in the fall 2012.
City of Oviedo:
City of Winter Springs:
Moss Road - Resurfacing, drainage, sidewalk, and landscaping improvements from SR 434 to SR 419.
Last updated: March 11, 2014