Seminole County Rescinds Burn Ban
Posted on: 1/15/2014
Seminole County, FL - January 15, 2014 - Seminole County has rescinded the burn ban due to the recent rains. The Keetch - Byram Drought Index has fallen below 500, which means conditions are safe for outdoor burning to resume.
Seminole County still encourages citizens to take action to reduce the risk of wildfires around their homes by following these safety tips:
· Remove all dead limbs, needles and debris from rain gutters.
· Make sure the fire is completely out before going to sleep or leaving the location of the fire.
· Rake leaves, dead limbs and twigs. Clear flammable vegetation from around and under structures.
· Store flammable materials in approved safety cans.
· Never throw a lighted cigarette from the window of a vehicle or walk off and leave a burning cigarette.
For more information about wildfire prevention, call the Seminole County Fire Department at 407-665-5175 or visit www.prepareseminole.org
County Manager's Office
1101 East First Street
Sanford, FL 32771
Phone: (407) 665-7212
Fax: (407) 665-7958