UH Gardening Brochure - Soil pH Test
Soil pH Tests
For a nominal fee of $2.00 per sample, your soil will be tested for acidity/alkalinity (pH).
Soil samples are accepted Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, call (407) 665-5550.
How to Take a Good Sample
• Take small, equal, samples of soil from 5-10 different sections of your property, mix together then scoop out a cup sample.
• Samples should be taken from a depth of 2 - 4" for turf areas and;
• 2 - 6" for vegetable gardens and flower beds.
• Sample should be dry and clean of debris.
• Place the sample (a cup full) in a sealable plastic bag.
Testing is done on Monday and Thursday mornings. We will call you with the results.
Program administered by Extension Urban Horticulturalist, Gabrielle Milch.