For a nominal fee of $2.00 per sample, your soil will be tested for acidity/alkalinity (pH).
Soil samples are accepted Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, call (407) 665-5550.
How to Take a Good Sample
• Take small, equal, samples of soil from 5-10 different sections of your property, mix together then scoop out a cup sample.
• Samples should be taken from a depth of 2 - 4" for turf areas and;
• 2 - 6" for vegetable gardens and flower beds.
• Sample should be dry and clean of debris.
• Place the sample (a cup full) in a sealable plastic bag.
Testing is done on Thursday mornings by Master Gardener Volunteers. We will call you with the results. Results can take up to one week.
If you would like a soil amendment recommendation you can send off a sample to the UF IFAS Soils Laboratory in Gaineville. We have sample bags and some forms available here. You can go online and download the forms and send from home.
Program administered by Extension Urban Horticulturalist, Gabrielle Milch.