Bringing the Library's Early Literacy Programs
to Your Day Care!
Book Bounce will "bounce" books from the library to you! Order a kit to go with your themed curriculum
The Book Bounce is a book kit program for licensed daycare providers, Head Start programs, schools and other community child care programs.
Book Bounce kits include 12 -14 books, a puppet and a music CD.
Kits must be checked out as an entire kit. Each kit contains at least 2 board books, 5 toddler and 5 preschool books.
The Book Bounce Kit program is restricted to licensed day care centers, schools and child care programs operating in Seminole County.
Seminole County Youth Services will require 1 week to handle the Book Bounce request. Requests can be submitted no more than 3 weeks in advance.
Here is an idea of what's included in one of our kits!
Sample Book Bounce Kit - Mouse Kit 1:
- Mouse puppet for the storyteller to use in presenting the stories
- Board Book: Shades of Black by Sandra Pinkney
- Board Book: Babies by Susan Canizares
- Music CD: Nursery Rhyme Time by Georgiana Steward
- Hand Rhymes by Marc Brown
- Clap Your Hands by Lorinda Bryan Cauley
- The Doghouse by Jan Thomas
- Mouse Count and Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh
- Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse, and Chester's Way by Kevin Henkes
- Mice Squeak, We Speak by Tomie dePaola
- A Visitor for Mr. Bear by Bonny Becker
- Head to Toe by Eric Carle
The Book Bounce Kit will be checked out to the customer registered with the Book Bounce program. The customer registered will be responsible for returning the Book Bounce Kit and all of the contents by the due date.