Interested in demonstrating community pride and making a positive statement for clean, attractive leisure areas? Participate in the Adopt a Park Program. Facilitate the monitoring, clean up and enhancement of parks, natural lands, trails and trailheads maintained by Seminole County.
Activities include trash pick up, graffiti reporting, weeding/raking playground and landscape areas, sweeping shelters, cleaning picnic tables, mulching trees/shrubs, trail blazing and reporting vandalism. Adopters also assist with special projects such as graffiti cover up, painting and light landscaping.
- Adults and youth can participate. There must be a minimum one adult supervisor for every 5 children.
- Monitoring of the park, natural land, trail, or trail head should be done on a regular basis, usually at least once a month.
- Trash bags will be provided. Seminole County Leisure Services will be responsible for disposal of trash-filled bags.
- A sign will be posted in the adopted park, natural land, trail or trail head crediting the organization/group for their assistance.
- An adopting organization/group may keep any and all proceeds from any materials with recyclable value that is found and identified as trash.
- The adopting organization/group commits to a 1 year period of adoption. At the end of that year, an organization/group may also opt to renew or change location.
Call 407-665-2001 For Additional Details