Pre-power Electrical Inspections
Pre-power requests will require only a single electrical inspection by the County Electrical Inspector. Should you have any questions concerning Pre-power, please contact the Assistant Chief Electrical Inspector.
The following must be complete prior to pre-power being approved:
Pre-power form and fees paid ($80 plus all rejection fees)
- The service and that part of the electrical system to be energized must be 100% complete
- Panels that are to be energized must have their breakers installed, wire pulled, and an electrical inspection completed before it will be energized
- The covers on panels that are going to be energized, breakers labeled (labels can be hand written temporarily)
- Panels to be locked or contained in a room that is locked - the electrician and superintendent only should have the keys
- All outlets to be safed up either by installation of device, equipment, or lighting fixture or blanked off.
- Device covers to be installed
- Each job will be inspected on a case-by-case basis.
The electrical inspector will inspect and either approve for pre-power or reject for pre-power. If you have problems or questions, please discuss them with your site electrical inspector or call the Assistant Chief Electrical Inspector.