How To Help
Seminole HEART, is a coordinating organization, which uses funds to purchase equipment and supplies used by volunteer and faith-based organizations. All donations are used to assist individuals prepare for or recover from disasters.
What can your organization do?
- Encourage disaster response preparedness programs including education, training and information.
- Form a disaster response team
- Pass this information and opportunity for action and training on to other non-profit and faith-based groups.
- Provide us with contact information of interested community and organizational leaders from your group who can work with Seminole HEART in forming local unmet needs committees.
- Invite Seminole HEART or the Office of Emergency Management to meet with you and/or other leadership for more information.
What type of activities can your group help with?
- Preparedness Programs
- Disaster Feeding / Canteen Services
- Emergency Shelter Support
- Home / Disaster Repairs
- Land clearing after disasters
- Crisis / Spiritual Counseling
- Medical Services
- Donations Management
In addition to these items, you can:
- Form a volunteer team to assist in your neighborhood / community
- Donate food, clothing, appliances, etc.to a trusted food donations center.
- Donate professional services (counseling, legal advice, medical, etc.)
- Help with food pantries / services
Consider becoming part of the Seminole HEART team to assist your local community in disaster response and recovery.
Any other special skills or services.
• Seminole HEART • Seminole County's Interfaith Nonprofit Coalition • 501c3 •