Florida Department of Health is the lead agency regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 in Florida  |  Reach FDOH 24/7 at (866) 779-6121 or email COVID-19@flhealth.gov
Seminole County's Citizen Information Hotline is available daily 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. at 407-665-0000


Read the State of Florida Executive Order: Stay At Home

Read the Seminole County Executive Order: Local State of Emergency

Read the Seminole County Executive Order: Tolling

Read the Seminole County Executive Order: Social Distancing

Read the Seminole County Executive Order: Social Distancing Public Assembly

Read the Seminole County Executive Order: Guidelines for Self-Quarantining

Seminole County Office of Emergency Management has been under a Local State of Emergency (LSE) since March 2, 2020, and continues to monitor COVID-19.

Effective Monday, March 30, 2020 at 12:00a.m., Seminole County's Social Distancing Order allows businesses to remain open pending the following conditions:

a)    All employees and patrons must practice social distancing by staying at least six (6) feet apart;
b)    Group meeting and/or training sizes must be limited to ten (10) people or less;
c)    Limit occupancy to 30% of the maximum allowable capacity under the fire code, for non-residential, non-medical, and non-lodging uses; and
d)   Checkout points and staging areas, including store fronts, must be monitored for social distancing requirements by means of marking floors or similar actions to maintain six (6) feet distance between customers. 

The Executive Order also limits social gatherings to a maximum of 10 persons.

Businesses and individuals that do not comply with this Order on a consistent basis are subject to monetary fines up to $500 per occurrence.  Repeat violations could result in mandatory closure pursuant to Section 72.6(b)(1)(F), Seminole County Code, and other applicable Florida Statutes.  Can be enforcement by code enforcement and law enforcement officials.

This Order does not apply to first responders, healthcare/medical workers, veterinarian staff, shelter/rehab staff, utility providers, food service workers, childcare providers, transit and construction.

Social gatherings must be limited to no more than ten (10) persons.


Effective April 1, 2020 at 5:00 p.m., a new Executive Order places specific restrictions on places of assembly:

All Places of Assembly, to include but not limited to: houses of worship, community centers, clubhouses, park pavilions, event halls, theaters of any type, recovery/group therapy programs, associations, social clubs, and fraternal organizations must follow CDC guidelines for community transmission of COVID-19 and the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America as follows:
a)    Cancel or postpone in-person gatherings or move to smaller groups
b)    Small groups must be limited to ten (10) people or less.
c)    Maintain six (6) foot distance between participants during any and all small group gatherings.

Places of Assembly that do not comply with this Order on a consistent basis are subject to monetary fines up to $500 per occurrence, in accordance with Section 72.12, Seminole County Code, and Section 125.69, Florida Statutes (2019).  Repeat violations could result in mandatory closure pursuant to Section 72.6(b)(1), Seminole County Code, and other applicable Florida Statutes. This Order is enforceable by any county or municipal law enforcement official, code enforcement official, and emergency management official.

This Order does not apply to activities of first responders, government, healthcare/medical, veterinarian, shelter/rehab, childcare, utility providers, food preparation, construction, and transit agencies.


Effective immediately the Minimum Standards for COVID-19 Positive Patients Order goes into effect:


All persons who have tested positive for COVID-19 must follow CDC guidelines for community transmission of COVID-19 and the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America, as follows:

  1. Remain in their home until medically cleared of COVID-19 by a medical doctor and/or the Florida Department of Health.
  2. No physical interaction with persons not residing in the home.


Individuals who do not comply with this Order face a monetary fine up to $500 per occurrence, in accordance with Section 72.12, Seminole County Code, and Section 125.69, Florida Statutes (2019). This Order is enforceable by any county or municipal law enforcement official, code enforcement official, and emergency management official.


COVID-19 positive individuals must abide by the provisions of Section 1 of this Order, unless traveling for medically-related reasons.

To report a violation of this Order, please call the non-emergency line for the respective jurisdiction in which the violation occurred:

  • Unincorporated Seminole County, 407-665-6650
  • City of Altamonte Springs, 407-339-2441 
  • City of Casselberry, 407-262-7606
  • City of Lake Mary, 407-665-6445
  • City of Longwood, 407-260-3465
  • City of Oviedo, 407-971-5700
  • City of Sanford, 407-688-5199   
  • City of Winter Springs, 407-327-100


VIDEO: Press Conference Announcing Social Distancing Order 

VIDEO: Social Distancing Order in ASL

 Last Updated: April 4, 2020 8:42am


Concentration Of Covid Cases, Seminole County

Seminole County Emergency Operations Center is operating at a Level 1 while responding to COVID-19. 

The County and its partners are closely monitoring the virus and have taken protective measures including: specialized training for employees, procurement of personal protective equipment for first responders, implementation of emergency response plans, and provision of community workshops to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

VIDEO PLAYLIST: All Seminole County COVID-19 Press Conferences

VIDEO: Seminole County is Providing for our Community 

VIDEO: COVID-19 En Español

 Last Updated: April 3, 2020 2:44pm


  • Seminole County Emergency Management and Florida Department of Health-Seminole personnel will be on hand to answer non-emergency questions related to COVID-19 and Seminole County’s response
  • The Citizens Information Hotline will be available seven (7) days a week, 8:00am-5:00pm at 407-665-0000
  • Spanish speaking operators are available
  • To receive text alerts from Seminole County Office of Emergency Management related to COVID-19, please text COVID19INFO to 888777 to opt in; standard text message rates apply

 Last Updated: March 30, 2020 5:15pm



COVID-19 tests are only facilitated with a physician’s order for patients who meet the evaluation criteria as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Physicians are stringently adhering to the testing criteria set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to determine if a patient qualifies for a COVID-19 test. A doctor will likely test you for other illnesses, such as the flu, before ordering a COVID-19 test.  Unless you are experiencing severe respiratory distress, such as shortness of breath or chest pain, you should not go to an ER for a COVID-19 test. 

  • Healthcare providers include primary care physicians, providers at urgent care centers, and telemedicine providers
  • If you develop symptoms such as fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or have recently traveled from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19, stay home and call your healthcare provider
  • Older patients and individuals who have severe underlying medical conditions or are immunocompromised should contact their healthcare provider early, even if their illness is mild
  • If you have severe symptoms, such as persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, or bluish lips or face, contact your healthcare provider or emergency room and seek care immediately


  • Your healthcare provider will determine if you have signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and whether you should be tested
  • You will be screened with a number of questions
  • Individuals cannot come to an hospital, physician practice or urgent care center and order their own COVID-19 test


  • Results are not instantaneous. Unlike a flu test, which can be administered on-site with quick results, the COVID-19 test takes up to seven days from the time of collection sample to results being shared with the patient. During that time, patients will be instructed to follow CDC guidelines and isolate themselves.
  • If you are sick with COVID-19 or suspect you are infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, you should take steps to help prevent the disease from spreading to people in your home and community. Follow CDC guidance

Low-cost or no-cost healthcare is available for uninsured and under-insured individuals and families. Florida Department of Health-Seminole offers the below resources; CALL BEFORE YOU VISIT.

  • True Health, 407-322-8645, https://mytruehealth.org/ 
    • Accepting all patients, please call in advance
  • American Muslim Clinic, 407-588-0556, https://amssclinic.org/ 
    • Accepting patients with no insurance, must meet income criteria
    • Visit website for appointment availability
    • Testing not available on site
  • Shepherd’s Hope, 407-876-6699, http://www.shepherdshope.org/ 
    • Not accepting new patients; existing patients only


Qualifying Seminole County residents may visit Orange County Convention Center to be tested without charge. This community-based test site is led by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and will be limited to 250 tests per day. The site opens daily at 9:00a.m. and will remain open until 5:00p.m. or until 250 individuals have been swabbed.

Testing criteria has expanded since originally opening. 

  • For all ages:
    • Must have an on-site temperature of 99.6 degrees or higher and respiratory symptoms
    • OR has pre-existing conditions i.e., cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension, chronic lung disease, cancer, chronic kidney disease
    • Must have an ID to be tested
  • For first responders and medical staff:
    • Do not have to have COVID-19 symptoms
    • Must have valid agency ID

For those who visit the site, please bring a government-issued ID and insurance card (if insured, no co-pay will be charged); be prepared to wait inside personal vehicles for extended wait times. Test results will not be provided on-site. Please DO NOT call Orange County Convention Center for information. 

 Last Updated: April 4, 2020 8:24am


Practicing personal health and hygiene actions are key in preventing the spread of respiratory viruses. Seminole County recommends following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines:

  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
  • Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then discard the tissue.
  • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
  • Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick, stay home and practice “social distancing.”

VIDEO: ASL Preventing the Spread of Germs

 Last Updated: March 26, 2020 5:41pm


In effort to ensure the health of our visitors and employees, Seminole County Government has closed all public-facing buildings, effective Tuesday, March 24. Our departments will continue to provide services via phone, email, and online. Residents may also contact our Citizens Information Line (407-665-0000) and visit http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov./

County Services: 

  • Animal Services 
    • The Animal Services team will continue to serve the public by scheduling appointments for adoptions, lost animals or owner surrender. 
    • Hours: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. 
    • Phone: 407-665-5201
    • Animal Services Website
  • Development Services 
    • The Development Services team will continue to provide services via email, website, ePlan Electronic Plan submittal, phone, and fax. A drop box has been provided outside of the entrance of the County Building Division for those who wish to submit paper applications. Please do not leave cash or checks, payments should be made via debit/credit card online. 
    • Fire Inspection
      • Hours:  7:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. 
      • Phone:  407-665-7422
      • Email: scfdinspections@seminolecountyfl.govscfdprevention@seminolecountyfl.gov
    • Environmental Heath
      • Hours:  8:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. 
      • Closed Noon – 1:00 P.M. 
      • Phone Number: 407-665-3604, to schedule an appointment
      • Inspection Line: 407-665-3622, to schedule an inspection
      • Email: SeminoleEVHPermitApplications@flhealth.gov for electronic application submissions 
      • Florida Department of Health Website
    • Planning and Development (Zoning)
      • Hours:  8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.  
      • Daily cut-off for submission of applications is 3:30 P.M.
      • Email:  plandesk@seminolecountyfl.gov
      • Phone:  407-665-7371
      • Fax: 407-665-7375
      • Planning and Development Website 
    • Building
      • Hours:  8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.  
      • Building Division phones close at 4:45 P.M.
      • Inspections provided 7:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.  
      • Email:  bpcustomerservice@seminolecountyfl.gov
      • Phone:  407-665-7050
      • Fax: 407-665-7486
      • Building Website
  • Human Resources
  • Leisure Services
    • Ed Yarborough Nature Center
    • Email: jduby@seminolecountyfl.gov
    • Phone: 407-665-2211
    • Natural Lands Website
  • Extension Services
    • Email: kfield@seminolecountyfl.gov 
    • Phone: 407-665-5552
  • Parks
    • The Leisure Services team will continue to provide services via our main park phone number 407-665-1990 and those provided for individual parks and facilities. Restrooms remain open for public use.  
      • Boombah Sports Complex: 407-665-2050
      • Boombah Soldiers Creek Park: 407-665-2199
      • Red Bug Lake Park: 407-665-2190
      • Sanlando Park: 407-665-2100
      • Sylvan Lake Park: 407-665-1990
  • Purchasing and Contracts
    • The Purchasing and Contracts team will continue to provide services via email or phone. Bids and proposals should be submitted electronically, per the instructions provided in the solicitation. Documents delivered should be placed in the drop box during business hours only. Staff will collect periodically through the day. Contract documents should be scanned and emailed to the Purchasing point of contact for completion. Bid openings will still be conducted. Attendance will be managed base on CDC protocols. 
    • Email: jlocklear@seminolecountyfl.gov 
    • Phone: 407-665-7111
    • Purchasing and Contracts Website
  • Solid Waste
  • Water and Sewer 
    • Environmental Services will continue to provide services via email, phone, and online. A drop box will be provided for those who wish to leave payments at our 500 West Lake Mary Blvd. facility. Please write your name, account number, or address on the envelope provided. 
    • Email: wscustomerservice@seminolecountyfl.gov 
    • Phone: 407-665-2110
    • Environmental Services Website 
  • Library Services, 407-665-1500
  • Roads & Stormwater Customer Service, 407-665-7623

 Last Updated: April 1, 2020 9:02am



  • Seminole County Public Schools will not resume until April 30
  • Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS) will be providing FREE Breakfast and Lunch meals for its students (18 years old and younger) during the extended school closure period of March 23 thru March 27, 2020; read more about locations and pick up times here.
  • En Español: Las Escuelas Públicas del Condado de Seminole (SCPS) ofrecerán desayuno y almuerzo GRATIS para sus estudiantes (18 años y menos) durante el periodo de cierre extendido de las escuelas desde el 23 hasta el 27 de marzo de 2020; se han establecido los siguientes lugares de distribución
  • Distance Learning for SCPS students will begin on Monday, March 30, 2020; details to follow
  • SCPS Students (Elementary, Middle, & High) who are currently eligible for and receive Free or Reduced Lunch and are in need of a computer (laptop) for Distance Learning will be loaned a school district device. Resources are limited, these devices are only for families who do not have a device for their child to work on at home. Laptop pick-up will occur Monday, March 23, 2020 – Friday, March 27, from 9:00a.m. – 2:00p.m. at the following (8) High School Locations: Hagerty, Lake Brantley, Lake Howell, Lake Mary, Lyman, Oviedo, Seminole, & Winter Springs. 
  • Charter Communications will offer FREE Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. In addition, Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots across our footprint for public use.
  • FREE Student Meal Distribution, which begins on Monday, March 23, 2020 will continue throughout the extended school closure period and will end on Thursday, April 30, 2020
  • All SCPS Facility Rentals will be cancelled through April 30, 2020
  • For more information on Seminole County Public School response to COVID-19 visit: https://www.scps.k12.fl.us/


  • All Seminole State College campuses and physical facilities will remain closed until the end of the 2020 Spring semester with limited exceptions.
  • Online classes and those transitioning from meeting on campus to a virtual/online format will resume on March 23, 2020
  • For students who do not have the necessary technology to work remotely, computer labs will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
  • The Library, Academic Success Centers, Student Services, and Advising and Counseling will be closed for face-to-face services. These services will be available virtually while campuses are closed.
  • Face-to-face classes or portions of face-to-face classes which cannot transition to a virtual or online format will be suspended until further notice.
  •  All College-sponsored events are cancelled until at least April 30, 2020
  • Spring commencement scheduled for May 4, 2020 is cancelled, students and their families will be welcome to attend the December commencement
  • Registration for Summer classes will begin on Monday, March 23 as planned. Students will be able to register for classes using our online registration system. 
  • For the latest information, visit https://www.seminolestate.edu/alert and https://www.seminolestate.edu/security/cdp/coronavirus.


  • UCF is moving to remote instruction effective Monday, March 16. Classes that are already online will continue Monday. All other classes will be ready for online instruction by Wednesday, March 18.
  • For information on University of Central Florida, visit: https://www.ucf.edu/safety/coronavirus/

 Last Updated: April 4, 2020 8:49am



  • Orlando Economic Partnership developed an online business resource center at Orlando.org/COVID19. 
  • The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have created Interim Guidance for Businesses.
  • The National Entrepreneur Center is closed for face to face meetings but can still be reached at 407-420-4848. The NEC is providing free one-on-one coaching through its in-house providers including SCORE Orlando, the Florida Small Business Development Center Orlando, and Prospera.
  • All Florida SBDC office locations remain open at this time. Florida SBDC Network stands ready to help you prepare and recover.


  • Governor Ron DeSantis announced the activation of the Business Damage Assessment survey to assess the impact of COVID-19 on Florida’s local business operations. The survey, managed by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO), will evaluate businesses affected by COVID-19 and the impacts the virus has had on the local economy so actions to implement appropriate relief programs can begin. 
  • The Business Damage Assessment Survey can be taken online at floridadisaster.biz. Results from this survey will be shared with state agencies and local partners.
  • Surveys submitted by small businesses can be used to access the Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan, made available for COVID-19 through the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act. 
  • Once businesses complete the survey, they will be contacted with information upon availability of applicable assistance programs. To date, 147 Seminole County businesses have self-reported $39 million in estimated costs of damages, 940 temporary layoffs and 136 permanent layoffs. Most businesses reporting have requested Emergency Bridge Loans.
  • For inquiries or assistance with the survey, businesses can contact the State of Florida Emergency Operations Center business liaisons at ESF18@em.myflorida.com.


  • The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program is currently available to small business owners located in all Florida counties statewide that experienced economic damage as a result of COVID-19. These short-term, interest-free working capital loans are intended to “bridge the gap” between the time a major catastrophe hits and when a business has secured longer term recovery resources, such as sufficient profits from a revived business, receipt of payments on insurance claims or federal disaster assistance. The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program is not designed to be the primary source of assistance to affected small businesses, which is why eligibility is linked pursuant to other financial sources.  Note: Loans made under this program are short-term debt loans made by the State of Florida using public funds – they are not grants. Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loans require repayment by the approved applicant from longer term financial resources. Visit FloridaDisasterLoan.org for additional information. 
  • Find Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan FAQs at FloridaJobs.org.



  • The Short Time Compensation program helps employers retain their workforce in times of temporary slowdown by encouraging work sharing as an alternative to layoff. The program permits prorated reemployment assistance benefits to employees whose work hours and earnings are reduced as part of a Short Time Compensation plan to avoid total layoff of some employees.

 Last Updated: March 30, 2020 8:36am


Seminole County strongly advises event organizers to reconsider pending gatherings and to follow White House COVID-19 Response Team guidance; congregations of 10 individuals present a greater risk of exposure to respiratory illnesses. Individuals should reconsider attending these high risk activities.


  • All Seminole County boat ramps will close the night of Saturday, April 4th, due to large parties on the river violating all CDC guidelines


  • All Library branches are closed until further notice; accrual of late fees will be delayed
  • All Library programs have been canceled
  • All Library meeting room reservations have been canceled until further notice; refunds will be issued
  • Friends of the Library Bookstore at Central Branch is closed


  • All County leagues and programs are cancelled, leagues will resume with the Spring schedule in April
  • All pavilion and field rentals, including tournaments, are canceled until further notice, refunds will be issued as necessary
  • All meeting room rentals are canceled until further notice, including Library meeting rooms, Midway Community Center and Lillie H. Green Community Center, refunds will be issued as necessary
  • Campground rentals are closed through April 30, 2020
  • All County parks will open and close consistent with each facility’s published hours of operation and will be available for individual use
  • All County playgrounds and basketball courts are temporarily closed


  • All programs have been suspended through April 30, 2020


  • March 23, 2020 – Board of Adjustment Meeting has been cancelled
  • March 26, 2020 – Code Enforcement Board Meeting has been cancelled
  • April 1, 2020 – Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting has been cancelled
  • April 9, 2020 – Code Enforcement Special Magistrate Meeting has been cancelled
  • The March 25, 2020 and April 1, 2020 DRC Meetings will be Comment Only


  • The City is canceling ALL events and programs until May 7 at this time. This includes Earth Day at Lake Lotus Park on April 19 & Family Fest at Cranes Roost Park on May 3.
  • Program cancellations include, but are not limited to:  Recreation Classes, Park Pavilion Rentals, Tournaments, City Outdoor and Therapeutic Pools, Senior, Library, Youth Sports and Special Needs Programs, as well as Spring Break Camps.
  • Eastmonte, Westmonte and Merrill Parks will continue to operate under shortened hours of operation and close at 8 p.m. daily.
  • The City Library is closed until further notice. Library members will still have access to digital services, including e-books and audiobooks.
  • To aid businesses and residential properties with construction, the City is offering licensed contractors expanded use of the Virtual Inspections program. This program utilizes online video conferencing to allow inspectors to remotely view the site using a webcam controlled by the owner or contractor. For more information, please visit www.Altamonte.org/BFSD.
  • World Food Festival at Cranes Roost Park has been postponed.
  • All fingerprinting services are suspended at this time.


  • All City events and recreation programs will be suspended through the end of April. 
  • All City playgrounds, athletic fields, basketball courts and the Lake Concord splash pad are closed until further notice. Other outdoor areas within the parks will remain open and participants are advised to maintain at least six feet of distance necessary to avoid spreading the COVID-19 virus.
  • City Hall and all City facilities are closed to the public until further notice. 
  • City Hall will continue to be operational and accessible to residents and businesses by doing business online and over the phone Monday- Thursday, from 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. daily. 


  • City Hall has been closed to public access.
  • All events with large gatherings are cancelled, including the Farmer's Market, Wine Art Wednesday, and Family Fun Day; cancellations include:
    • Lake Mary Farmers Market - through the end of April.  
    • WineArt Wednesday - through the end of April.  
    • Lake Mary Cruise-In - through the end of April.  
    • Planning & Zoning Board - through the end of April.  
    • Parks & Recreation Advisory Board - through the end of April.  
    • Elder Affairs Commission - through the end of April.  
    • Historical Commission - through the end of April.  
    • Family Fun Day.    
    • Mind, Body, & Spirit: A Celebration of Seniors.   
    • Arbor Day Tree Giveaway.
    • Events Center and Community Center programs have been cancelled through April 30, 2020.
  • Sports Complex rentals & Recreation Programming at all facilities have been cancelled through April 30, 2020.
  • The Senior Center is closed.
  • The Tennis Center is open for member play only (court usage).
  • City Parks are open.


  • City Hall and City Offices will be closed to the public; services and assistance are available by phone or email.
  • All events and programs are suspended until further notice.
  • Parks will remain open for individual general use.
  • All fingerprinting services provided by the Longwood Police Department are suspended until further notice.


  • Effective 5:00 PM, Friday, March 20, 2020, the City of Oviedo will be limiting public access to City Hall, the City Hall Annex, Public Safety, Fire Stations, Fire Administration, and Public Works until further notice. Previously closed recreation buildings will remain closed.
  • City events will remain suspended through May 9, 2020.
  • City operations and services will continue as usual during this time, and City operators will be on duty to assist you at 407-971-5555.
  • Parks and outdoor spaces such as Center Lake Park, Friendship Park, Long Lake Park, Round Lake Park, Sweetwater Park, Riverwoods Park, and Boston Hill Park will remain open during modified operating hours (approximately 7:00a.m – 7:00p.m.) with some exceptions for cleaning, maintenance, and repair. 
  • Public access is closed for all playground equipment.
  • Public access is closed for the dog park located at Center Lake Park.


  • Starting Monday, March 23, 2020, City Hall and public buildings will be closed to the public until further notice.
  • All special events scheduled through April 30, 2020 have been cancelled.
  • The Parks and Recreation Department is not accepting or reviewing any event applications at this time, all programs, activities, leagues and classes are suspended until further notice.
  • Rentals of all City facilities and Park Pavilions are now canceled through April 30, 2020.
  • City facilities closed through April 30 include:
    • Sanford Civic Center
    • Monroe Hall
    • Sanford Museum
    • Shuffleboard Club
    • Historic Sanford Memorial Stadium
    • Chase Park
    • Larry A. Dale Aquatic Center
    • Westside Community Center
    • Sanford Senior Center
    • Pinehurst Park
    • Bettye D. Smith Cultural Arts Center
    • Splash Pad at Ft. Mellon Park.  
  • The City of Sanford Parks and Recreations Department is temporarily closing all playgrounds, basketball courts, tennis courts, pickleball courts, racquetball courts and restrooms until further notice.
  • The following Public Meetings are canceled: 
    • The regularly scheduled Monday, March 23, 2020 City Commission Meeting. 
    • The Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting scheduled for April 2, 2020. 
    • The Public Art Commission Meeting, scheduled for March 24, 2020. 
    • Special Magistrate hearings for the month of April, 2020. 
    • The Sanford Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) scheduled for April 1, 2020. 
  • All programs, activities, leagues and classes will be suspended until further notice.
  • Choo Choo To The Zoo – Cancelled due to the temporary closure of the Central Florida Zoo.
  • Sanford Police Department is suspending fingerprinting services until further notice.


  • The City Hall lobby will be closed to the general public beginning Monday, March 23, employees will assist citizens via phone and virtual services.
  • Senior Center is closed.
  • Operations suspended include activities and programs such as Therapy Pool and AARP Tax Preparation Aide program. The Winter Springs Civic Center is closed at this time.
  • All city events, activities, and city-sponsored programs are closed until further notice. 
  • All rentals at city facilities, parks, and fields are canceled through April 30, 2020.
  • Parks remain open for general use, but staff is taking extra disinfection actions.
  • Fingerprinting services are suspended at the police department until further notice.
  • The City has closed the gym at the police department.


 Last Updated: April 4, 2020 6:54pm


To learn more about travel advisories, please visit the website for US Department of State- Bureau of Consular Affairs.

 Last Updated: April 1, 2020 10:20am


Para obtener más información, vaya a la parte superior derecha de esta página y seleccione "Language" y elija "Spanish" y tendrá toda la página en español. También puede llamar a nuestro número al 407-665-0000. 

ORDEN EJECUTIVA DE DISTANCIAMIENTO SOCIAL—Entra en vigor lunes 30 de marzo a las 12:00a.m. 


Todos los negocios en el Condado de Seminole pueden permanecer abiertos bajo las siguientes condiciones:
•    Todos los empleados y clientes deben practicar el distanciamiento social manteniéndose al menos a seis (6) pies de distancia.
•    Reuniones y/o entrenamientos deben limitarse a diez personas o menos.
•    Limite la ocupación a 30% de la capacidad máxima permitida según el código de incendios.
•    Los puntos de pago (cajeros) y mostradores, incluidos los frentes de tiendas, deben monitorearse para cumplir con los requisitos de distanciamiento social mediante el marcado de pisos o acciones similares para mantener seis (6) pies entre los clientes.


Las reuniones sociales deben limitarse a no más de diez (10) personas.

Las empresas y las personas que no cumplan con esta Orden de manera consistente están sujetas a multas monetarias de hasta $ 500 por ocurrencia, de acuerdo con la Sección 72.12, Código del Condado de Seminole y la Sección 125.69, Estatutos de Florida (2019). Las violaciones repetidas podrían resultar en un cierre obligatorio de la empresa en cumplimiento de la Sección 72.6 (b) (1) (F), el Código del Condado de Seminole y otros Estatutos de Florida aplicables. Esta orden será implementada por las autoridades del municipio y el condado y los funcionarios encargados de hacer cumplir la ley así como funcionarios de gestión de emergencias.


Esta orden no se aplica a los socorristas, trabajadores de atención médica / médicos, trabajadores de cuidado infantil, personal veterinario, personal de refugios / rehabilitación, proveedores de servicios públicos, trabajadores de servicios de alimentos, construcción y de agencias de transporte.


A partir del 1 de abril de 2020 a las 5:00 p.m., una nueva Orden Ejecutiva establece restricciones específicas en los lugares de reunión:


Todos los lugares de reunión, que incluyen, entre otros: casas de culto, iglesias, centros de adoración, centros comunitarios, casas club, pabellones de parques, salas de eventos, teatros de cualquier tipo, programas de recuperación / terapia grupal, asociaciones, clubes sociales y organizaciones fraternas deben seguir las pautas de los CDC para la transmisión comunitaria de COVID-19 y las Directrices del Presidente sobre Coronavirus para América de la siguiente manera:

a) Cancelar o posponer reuniones en persona o pasar a grupos más pequeños

b) Los grupos pequeños deben limitarse a diez (10) personas o menos.

c) Mantenga una distancia de seis (6) pies entre los participantes durante todas las reuniones de grupos pequeños.


Los lugares de reunión que no cumplan con esta Orden de manera consistente están sujetos a multas monetarias de hasta $500 por ocurrencia, de acuerdo con la Sección 72.12, Código del Condado de Seminole y la Sección 125.69, Estatutos de la Florida (2019). Las violaciones repetidas pueden resultar en un cierre obligatorio de acuerdo con la Sección 72.6 (b) (1), el Código del Condado de Seminole y otros Estatutos de Florida aplicables. Esta orden es ejecutable por las autoridades del condado o municipal, funcionarios de cumplimiento de códigos y funcionarios de gestión de emergencias.


Esta Orden no se aplica a las actividades de los socorristas, gobierno, atención médica, veterinaria, refugio / rehabilitación, cuidado de niños, proveedores de servicios públicos, preparación de alimentos, construcción y agencias de tránsito.


Efectivo inmediatamente, las Normas Mínimas para la Orden de Pacientes Positivos al COVID-19 entran en vigencia:


Todas las personas que resulten positivas al COVID-19 deben seguir las pautas de los CDC para la transmisión comunitaria de COVID-19 y las Pautas Presidenciales de Coronavirus para América de la siguiente manera:

a) Permanecer en su hogar hasta que un médico y/o el Departamento de Salud de la Florida certifiquen su alta médica del COVID-19.

b) No tener interacción física con personas no residentes en el hogar.


Aquellas personas que no cumplan con esta Orden enfrentan una multa monetaria de hasta $ 500 por incidente, de acuerdo a la Sección 72.12, Código del Condado de Seminole y la Sección 125.69, Estatutos de Florida (2019). Esta orden puede ser ejecutada por cualquier funcionario de cumplimiento de la ley del condado o municipio, funcionario de cumplimiento de códigos y funcionario de manejo de emergencias.


Las personas positivas al COVID-19 deben cumplir con las disposiciones de la Sección 1 de esta Orden, a menos que viajen por razones médicas.

 Last Updated: April 3, 2020 5:29pm



  • Beginning Tuesday, March 31st 2020, SunRail will be reducing its hours of operation to focus on peak morning and afternoon hours.
  • Southbound trains will run from 5:30 a.m. to 9:28 a.m. and then start up again in the afternoon at 3:00 p.m. to 8:26 p.m. 
  • Northbound trains will run from 5:45 a.m. to 10:18 a.m. and then start up again in the afternoon at 3:45 p.m. to 8:53 p.m. 
  • To view the revised schedule or for more details visit: https://sunrail.com/modified-schedule/


  • The Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority (LYNX) will be switching the Monday-Saturday schedule to a modified service schedule.  
  • Links 1, 6, 18, 23, 54, 57, 58, 155, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 313 and FastLink 441 will not have service during this temporary Monday-Saturday adjustment.
  • Link 320 will operate a modified Monday-Friday schedule. There will be no changes to the Sunday schedule. 
  • The full modified schedule is available at https://www.golynx.com/maps-schedules/routes-schedules.stml which the agency is using to house all LYNX information regarding this pandemic.
  • LYNX Central Station’s terminal lobby including bathrooms are still closed to the public during the 11 p.m. - 5 a.m. Orange County mandatory curfew. 
  • LYNX is following all recommendations set forth by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and local health departments to continue safely moving passengers throughout Central Florida. If customers are sick or travel isn't essential, the agency requests those customers please stay home and not ride LYNX.
    Read more about precautionary measures at GoLynx.com.

 Last Updated: April 4, 2020 9:54am


 Last Updated: March 26, 2020 5:46pm


Financial donations are the most effective way to help our local non-profit partners; visit the sites below to learn more about physical donations, as well:

 Last Updated: April 1, 2020 10:23am



Florida Office of the Attorney General advises with respect to the COVID-19 declared state of emergency, the following consumer products are currently considered essential commodities:

  • Protective masks and face shields used to protect you from others if you are sick
  • Sanitizing and disinfecting supplies, such as hand gel, wipes, and disinfectant sprays
  • All personal protective equipment (PPE), including gowns, booties, gloves, and other protective gear

To report price gouging for these types of goods,  call 1-866-9NO-SCAM or make a report online.


Attorney General Ashley Moody issued a Consumer Alert urging Floridians to guard against cybercrimes when working from home. While working from home helps to slow the spread of respiratory viruses, more opportunities are created for cybercriminals.

Ensure protection of sensitive customer information, trade secrets or other information while working remotely. Tips include:
• Use a secure internet connection
• Ensure all security software is updated and in working order
• Ensure your device’s operating system is updated regularly
• Create strong passwords, use different passwords across multiple websites and applications
• Limit the use of work devices only for work activities, use personal devices for leisure
• Lock work devices when not in use and never leaving them unattended
• Enable multi-factor authentication when available; some employers allow employees to provide an additional email address or phone number to receive codes to verify that the user is in fact the individual attempting to access an account
• Contact your IT support provider if unsolicited verification calls or codes are received; this is a sign that credentials were phished successfully, but login failed because of multi-factor authentication

Anyone who suspects they are the victim of a scam should contact the Attorney General’s Office at 1(866) 9NO-SCAM or by visiting MyFloridaLegal.com.

ASL/Deaf: - Reporting Fraud Video

 Last Updated: March 26, 2020 5:46pm


  • Under Florida Law, the Governor’s State of Emergency Executive Order 20-52 allows residents to refill their prescriptions early.
  • Individuals with recurring prescriptions may obtain a 30-day early refill in order to ensure medications are on hand.
  • This law is applicable even if the prescription has been recently filled; early refills will be noted to insurance companies and added to the patient's refill schedule. For example, if there are 10 days left on a prescription and a 30-day emergency refill was received, the patient must wait the full 40 days before the prescription may be filled again.
  • Read the complete State Statute
  • ASL Video: Prescription Refills

 Last Updated: April 1, 2020 10:26am


  • Seminole County Environmental Services and most municipal water and wastewater providers have suspended disconnection of service for non-payment. Customers should contact their utility provider for details.
  • Seminole County Customers can reach Utility Billing Customer Service Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm for questions by calling 407-665-2110 or emailing WSCustomerService@seminolecountyfl.gov.
  • Duke Energy is suspending disconnection for non-payment; visit DukeEnergyUpdates.com for more info.
  • Seminole County Environmental Services reminds customers that only toilet paper should be flushed; sewer systems are designed to take away wastewater from sinks and baths and take away toilet paper and human waste flushed down the toilet. Items such as disposable wipes, paper towels, tissues, disposable diapers, feminine products, cotton balls, bandages, prescriptions, cleaning wipes or trash of any kind can create blockages in sewers or damage to the environment by putting it down the toilet. Despite being advertised as “flushable,” disposable wipes are not meant to be disposed of in a toilet. 

 Last Updated: March 26, 2020 5:47pm


Anyone with a summons for jury duty dated between March 16, 2020, and April 17, 2020, are not required to go to court as jury trials during this time have been cancelled. If you are unsure if your summons is impacted by this Order, please call the number provided on the summons or reach out to the Seminole County Clerk of the Court and Comptroller

 Last Updated: March 31, 2020 3:47pm


  • The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV)  issued an Emergency Order extending the effective period of all driver licenses and identification cards that will expire between March 16, 2020 and April 15, 2020 for 30 days, and also waives the delinquent renewal fee during this period. Customers in need of a replacement of a current license may call to have a temporary paper permit issued and mailed at no charge.  
  • Following recommendations by the Florida Department of Health and the CDC, the office of the Seminole County Tax Collector has temporarily discontinued face-to-face transactions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. 
  • Tax Collector Offices will be closed Friday, March 20, 2020. 
  • Effective Monday, March 23:
    • Transactions are currently being processed online at our website https://seminolecounty.tax/ or the state website at https://www.flhsmv.gov/.
    • Seminole County has waived the mail fees at this time. 
    • Mail in services: Seminole County Tax Collector PO Box 630 Sanford, FL 32772-0630
    • Contact us by email: 
      • Tag & Title questions customerservice@seminolecounty.tax 
      • Driver license questions driverlicenseservice@seminolecounty.tax 
      • Real Estate & Tangible Tax, BTR questions  taxservice@seminolecounty.tax 
    • Contact us by phone: 407-665-1000 
      • Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 8:30 – 12:00 
    • Limited Drive-Thru Services: 1495 E SR 434, Winter Springs, FL 32708
      • Monday through Friday from 8:30 – 2:00 limited services only 
      • Dealer drop off through commercial lane ONLY

 Last Updated: April 1, 2020 8:44am





  • Heart of Florida United Way 211 Information and Referral Crisis Line can connect residents to information about available resources in the community. Whether it’s finding out the location of the nearest food pantry or seeking information related to the virus, 211 Call Specialists are there to help navigate these uncertain times with Seminole County residents. 


  • Seminole County Sheriff's Office offers a robust list of assistance programs for substance abuse on their website, including websites for  Narcotics Anonymous and SmartRecovery.org; these organizations offer online resources for substance abuse and mental health during this time of social distancing. Available tools include online communities with 24/7 chatrooms, Skype and Zoom virtual meetings, recovery journals and more. 
  • If you or someone you know has questions about opioids or is in need of treatment assistance, please call our non emergency line at (407) 665-6650 or email score@seminolesheriff.org.


  • United States Bartenders' Guild has an application process for the Bartender Emergency Assistance Program. Visit the website for more information: USBG National Charity Foundation
  • The U.S. Department of Labor's unemployment insurance programs provide unemployment benefits to eligible workers who become unemployed through no fault of their own and meet certain other eligibility requirements. Unemployment insurance is a joint state-federal program that provides cash benefits to eligible workers. Each state administers a separate unemployment insurance program, but all states follow the same guidelines established by federal law. Visit DOL.gov for additional information. 
  • Florida Department of Economic Opportunity Reemployment Assistance (also called reemployment assistance insurance) provides temporary wage replacement benefits to qualified individuals who are out of work through no fault of their own. If you need assistance, contact the Reemployment Assistance Contact Center at 1-800-204-2418 during the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday. Visit FloridaJobs.org for additional information.
  • Many delivery businesses are hiring. Visit employment sites for Uber Eats, Grubhub, Instacart, Shipt, Amazon, and Amazon Flex Delivery for more info. 


  • For updates related to ACCESS, child welfare, child care, mental health services and adult protective services, please visit the DCF COVID-19 update website.
  • At the request of Governor DeSantis, and in accordance with the federal Families First Coronavirus Act, the Department of Children and Families ( will waive work requirements for individuals participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) program.
  • DCF and the Department of Economic Opportunity have partnered to apply good cause statewide for TANF and SNAP recipients normally subject to participate in mandatory work requirements as a condition to receive program benefits effective immediately. The temporary relief of mandatory work requirements will alleviate any undue burden during this public health emergency on individuals normally required to participate in the se programs with no disruptions to the receipt of cash and/or food assistance benefits.
  • To check the status of your benefits, report changes, receive information faster by opting in to receive electronic notifications, and upload documents 24 hours a day 7 days a week, log into your MyACCESS account here: https://www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/
  • If you have questions about your benefits and the temporary relief of work requirements during this time, please contact the Department of Children and Families customer center at 850 300 4DCF or visit the website at https://www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/


  • Covering Central Florida offers health coverage and a Special Enrollment Period for individuals who have been laid off related to COVID-19.

 Last Updated: April 4, 2020 8:29am



In a continuing effort to protect the community and firefighters, the Seminole County Fire Department is closing all fire stations to public access. That includes services such as blood pressure checks, station tours and visitors, unit displays in the community and student ride-alongs.

The needle exchange program will be adapted to the following procedures:

  • Call at 407-665-5175 during business hours and the appropriate station will be notified.
  • Please only place containers outside of the station at the front door if visible contact has been made with a station member. Please do not leave containers outside of the stations that have not been acknowledged.
  • If contact has not been made with the fire stations crew members, please do not leave the container outside of the station.

If you have a medical emergency, please call 911 vs going to your closest fire station. Our Seminole County Emergency Communications team will ask health-specific questions to ensure personal protective equipment is worn if needed.


Oviedo Fire Rescue will continue normal operations providing Fire and EMS services to Oviedo and the surrounding community. Effective March 20, 2020, the Fire Administration Building, Fire Station 44/46 and Fire Station 48 are temporarily closed to visitors until further notice.
In a continued effort to protect the community and your firefighters, Oviedo Fire Rescue is temporarily postponing certain community outreach programs including blood pressure checks, station tours and visits, unit displays at events, and smoke detector installations in the home.

Our sharps exchange program procedures will temporarily be changed to the following:

  • If possible, please hold on to your sharps containers until we return to normal operations.
  • If you are unable to do so, call 407-971-5611 during normal business hours to schedule a drop off time and location.
  • Please do not leave containers outside of the Fire Administration Building or the Fire Stations until arrangements have been made to do so.


 Last Updated: March 26, 2020 5:48pm



  • Pet adoptions are available at Seminole County Animal Services, with precautions and by appointment only.
  • Staff continue to provide care for sheltered animals, however, in split-shifts. Because of limited staffing, Animal Services will not conduct stray animal pick-up. Animal Services has the capacity to respond to calls for bites and injured animals only. 
  • Individuals looking to adopt a cat or dog should preview pets online at SeminoleCountyPets.com, then call 407-665-5201 in advance to make a visit to the shelter Monday through Saturday.
  • Only one individual is permitted at a time into the areas where adoptable cats and dogs are housed. 



  • At present, Seminole County Animal Services is not seeking foster homes for pets, as existing registered volunteers and approved foster homes have risen to the occasion and provided care for pets in need. 
  • The pet supply provider for Animal Services reports a lag in supply chain; backordered cat litter and pet food are delaying delivery of essentials. Animal Services greatly appreciates donations of cat litter and pet food; anyone looking to coordinate delivery can call 407-665-5201 and leave supplies at the door. An Amazon Wish List has also been established. 
  • Blankets and towels are not needed at this time. 

 Last Updated: April 1, 2020 8:51am


Seminole County residents should sort recyclables before placing curbside. Seminole County Solid Waste generally offers curbside sorting, but for the safety of collection crews, asks customers to self-sort. 
Tissues and paper towels should be placed with regular household garbage. 

Fibers should be sorted together. This includes:

  • Pasteboard (i.e., cereal boxes, empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls, soda boxes, beer boxes, tissue boxes, gift boxes, pizza boxes and shoe boxes)
  • Brown paper grocery bags (no wax, no wet strength material, no liners)
  • Corrugated cardboard (flattened and cut down to fit inside the recycle bin)
  • Newspaper, supplements, magazines and catalogs
  • Box board, carrier stock, white and colored paper
  • Telephone Books

Co-mingled containers should be sorted together. This includes:

  • Plastic Containers #1-7 (#'s on bottom of containers) Remove all lids
  • Glass bottles and jars (clear, green and brown) Remove all lids
  • Aluminum cans
  • Steel cans and tin household containers, such as food cans

For additional information, please contact Seminole County Solid Waste Customer Service by calling 407-665-2260 or via email swcustomerservice@seminolecountyfl.gov.

 Last Updated: March 26, 2020 5:49pm


 Last Updated: March 26, 2020 5:50pm

This page is not empty