The Veterans’ Services Office has trained service officers who are certified by the Florida Department of Veterans Affairs to assist veterans, dependents, survivors, and others. The service officers and staff members strive to educate the public about veterans’ benefits and serve as the veterans’ advocate when filing a valid claim with the US Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) through the following means:
- Represent and advise the client, while using all appropriate mechanisms available to obtain maximum benefits
- Increase public awareness of the existence of and services provided by this office and the VA
- Educate the client regarding benefits while providing assistance to increase the client’s ability to be self-sufficient in handling their issues with the VA and other government agencies
- Conduct outreach visits to veterans, dependents, and survivors to assist in their claim for benefits, when circumstances do not allow them to come into the office
- Perform outreach visits and make presentations to veteran service organizations, Florida National Guard/Reserve units, other service organizations, community agencies, and nursing homes or assisted living facilities, providing knowledgeable information concerning VA benefits
Sanford Office - 534 West Lake Mary Blvd. located in the Reflections Plaza at Hidden Lakes, 1/2 mile west of 17-92, in Sanford. (407) 665-2300
Hours of Operation:
Monday and Wednesday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. by Appointment Only
Tuesdays Walk-Ins Only
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Nearest VA Medical Services
- VA Medical Center, 5201 Raymond Street, Orlando, Florida 32803, (407) 629-1599 or 1-800-922-7521.
- VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic, 2583 South Volusia Avenue, Suite 300, Orange City, Florida 32763, (386) 456-2080. Located behind the Accardi Pharmacy.
A Walk Through Time - Seminole County Veterans
Hear the stories from Seminole County’s own who have served their Country from the greatest generation to the latest generation.
||Sign up for the Seminole County Veterans Services Informational Bulletins
|In an effort to better communicate with our veterans, Seminole County is offering periodic informational bulletins that will be distributed via email. To subscribe, simply provide your email address and click Submit. Seminole County will in turn, send you a return email confirmation request. Simply click the link in this email to finalize and confirm your registration. Upon confirming your subscription, you will begin to receive our informational bulletins.
Please keep in mind, any email addresses collected by Seminole County will be regarded as a public record and would be released in the event of a Public Records request.
Current Monthly Newsletter