Invitation for Public Comment- CDBG Proposed Modification to Subgrant Agreement between the Department of Economic Opportunity and Seminole County
Posted on: 10/10/2012
INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
STATE OF FLORIDA COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG)
PROPOSED MODIFICATION TO SUBGRANT AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY (DEO) AND
SEMINOLE COUNTY, FLORIDA
Notice to Citizens:
The Department of Community Affairs (DCA) announced the availability of disaster recovery funding to address needs resulting from federally declared disasters in 2008. This funding could only be used for Recovery from the federally declared disasters noted in the Federal Register Notices. Included, in the federal disaster declarations issued by FEMA, is coverage for counties affected by Tropical Storm Fay. In June 2010, Seminole County Government was granted its full allocation of $432,350, as determined by FEMA damage assessment data. DCA was transferred to the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) effective October 1, 2011. Seminole County intends to submit to DEO a request to modify and extend the Agreement.
The proposed use of funds is:
- Repair of damaged homes identified/determined by FEMA damage assessment data from Tropical Storm Fay for income-eligible households of Seminole County: $63,307.00 (original Program Budget was $315,306.05)
- Drainage Improvement Projects in Seminole County – Lake Hodge Area: $0.00 (original Program Budget was $106,235.20). It is Seminole County’s intent to complete this project with other funding sources.
- Planning and Administration: $10,808.00 (original Program Budget $10,808.75)
- Replacement Housing: $344,135.00 (original Program Budget $0.00). The homes that were damaged in 2008 have deteriorated severely.
- Temporary Relocation: $14,100.00 (original Program Budget $0.00)
Ten-Day Public Comment Period:
There will be a 10-day public comment period for the County’s proposed activities. Comments will be received at the Seminole County Community Development Office until 5:00 p.m., Monday, October 22, 2012. During this period, information will be made available on the County’s web site www.seminolecountyfl.gov. Comments will be received at the Community Development Office located at 534 W. Lake Mary Blvd., Sanford, Florida 32773. Public comments will be forwarded to the Board of County Commissioners prior to their November 13, 2012 meeting for final approval to apply for this grant Amendment.
Contact: Becky Heckters, Project Manager at 665-2388 (fax: 407-665-2399), or address e-mails to: BHeckters@seminolecountyfl.gov. Mailing address is above. The County will respond within fifteen days, in writing, to all public comments received.